Some Imponderables...

#1. Why Wouldn't One Have Netflix?
I have found some wonderful hard-to-find movies and television shows — like "Stargate: SG1," "Stargate: Atlantis," "Veronica Mars," and others — that simply aren't available at Blockbuster. Despite some minor problems, like the occasional unplayable DVD or a late arrival, it really is a major bargain. You end up paying something like 78¢ per DVD.

#2. Why would anyone live in Florida?
If you do, I think God has a message for you: get out! What with the heat, the hurricanes, droughts, alligator and shark attacks, Katherine Harris and Jeb Bush, the place sounds like the seventh layer of Hell in Dante's The Divine Comedy. Sure, it has nice beaches, and I'm sure the winters are nice, if you don't want a little old New England snow and four distinct seasons.

Of course, I'm biased. I think that Lincoln should have let the entire South go, for the benefit of the rest of the country.

That's it. Those are the only two that leap to mind at the moment!

Not Surprising, But Good For Him!

Lance Bass, late of 'N Sync, announces he's gay in the latest People magazine. I'm not surprised (there has been rumors on Perez Hilton's site for a while.

But good for him! I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision.


Stop the Madness!

An anti-drug music video produced by the Reagan Administration in the 1980s. I've never seen it before.


Hitting on Fred Phelps, Jr!

Fred Phelps and his insane family are the ones who picket at soldiers' funerals with anti-gay signs. This reporter decides to turn up the heat a little! :)


Crazy Telemarketing Call

I don't like telemarketers any more than you do, but this is way over the top!

The link will lead you to a recording of a woman losing it while on the phone with a telemarketer. She accuses him of being a killer, a liar, a terrorist, and a hater. She even promises to have his taxes audited every year!


Remember "Blair" from "The Facts of Life"?

Well, as it turns out, she (Lisa Welchel) is a wacky Southern Baptist right-wing religious nut!

And, thank God(s), she BLOGS! I demand that you read it, it is well worth the effort!

BUT EVEN BETTER, is The Blair Necessities, a blog that dissects Lisa Welchel's blog entries, with a real eye for wit. IT IS HILARIOUS!


Ha! LOL! THIS is Micro$oft's 'iPod Killer'?!?!?!

What a f**king joke! Is this ugly or what?!?

You can read about it HERE.


Poor Guy from British Telecom!

A trainee customer service guy from British Telecom (BT) gets an icy reception from a customer!

[WARNING: Very graphic language! Not Safe for Work (NSFW) unless you have headphones!]

Courtesy iFilm.


Idiot Congressman Can't Name Ten Commandments!

Idiot Congressman Lynn Westmoreland pushed a bill to display the Ten Commandments in the US House of Representatives and Senate, and he can't name them! He is interviewed by Stephen Colbert of the Colbert Report!

For the record, Congressman, they are:

"I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me... .."

"Thou shalt not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..."

"Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy"

"Thou shalt honour your father and your mother..."

"Thou shalt not murder"

"Thou shalt not commit adultery."

"Thou shalt not steal."

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor"

"Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's house..."

School House Rock: No More Kings!


You Gotta Love Bette Davis! I do!

From "Weekend Update" on SNL

Tiny Fey: "64% of Americans say that President Bush is doing a poor job. The other 36% believe that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church."