12.19.2005

Some Fun... For Me At Least

So, I set up yet another blog — it's just too damned easy!

This one is just for comedic relief. One of the websites that I regularly read is the Korean Central News Agency, the "news" site of Communist North Korea. This site is hilarious. If you haven't seen it, check it out. You will get some terrific laughs from the utter nonsense spewed forth by the world's most isolated and bizarre Communist nation and it's crazy leader, Kim Jong-Il.

Anyway, as a life-long anti-Communist, I decided to have a little fun, and use their own rediculousness to ridicule them. So, I have set up the "official" blog of the (fictional) Peoples' Free Democratic Republic of Koskovia, the last Communist state left in Europe following the revolutions of 1989.

Koskovia is headed by President of the Republic and Chairman of the Executive Council of the Central Committee of the Congress of Peoples' Deputies, Mladik Vladik. [You may have noticed that Communist leaders past and present LOVE to give themselves as many titles as possible.] Vladik is, therefore, both the head of government (chairman) and head of state (president).

The confusing titles, language, and grammar on the site are intentional, in an effort to make all issues somewhat hard to follow, as is the aim of any Communist "news" agency. [Some grammatic errors are, however, unintentional, but I won't tell you which ones!]

Like some of you, I am a devotè (sp?) of British Comedy, so I have tried to funny in a subtle way. I do not claim to have done a great job at this, as comedy is fairly hard to write. But I will confess that I made myself laugh once or twice, and I hope to do the same for you if you happen to check it out.

I would suggest that, if you decide to check it, you read the "National Profile" section on the right side of the screen first, and then read the entries from the bottom (the earliest) to the top (latest) go get the proper flow.

If you have any comments, suggestions, reactions, whatever, please do let me know. Because I have not attempted comedic writing before, I am learning as I go.

Anyway, enjoy! :)

No comments: